Termites are among the most dangerous insects that can turn your house into a living hell just in few months. They are nothing like other pests. The most disturbing part about them is that they are not even noticeable for the first few months. However, when they start appearing, it becomes too late.
You might have searched several times on the internet searching “termites removal process”, but it isn’t just about killing them. It is also about making sure that you prevent pests like these in the first place.
As they say, prevention is always better than cure. Therefore you should first take preventive measures to get rid of these deadly insects.
Here Are a Few Things to Help You with
- Always keep any moistures away around your house’s foundation. Take extra care of your A/C units, pipes, home fixtures or the drainage system. If you find any leakage, repair those ASAP.
- Always make sure to seal any crack opens or other kinds of openings that might be a doorway to the termites. In this case, you should pay attention to the piping and utility lines.
- Never store firewood near your house.
- If you have kept any wooden debris, branches or tree stumps in your yard, then get rid of them.
- Maintain your bushes, small trees and shrubs should always be well-maintained.
If you could not take care of the prevention part, then there are a few things that will kill the termites; or at least help you get rid of them.
Here are a few ways of the termite’s removal process.
Use of Permethrin Dust
The chemical Permethrin dust gives you exceptional results. It keeps termites as well as ants, bagworms, beetles, ground and other pests away from your house’s structures. The chemicals without a doubt everyone’s favorite.
- Use of Arsenic Dust – Another chemical that can completely terminate the termites is the arsenic dust. It has a contagious effect. That means if one termite dies because of the chemical, then others in the area will become preys of the same too.
Use of Natural Remedies
There are a few natural and home remedies that you can use to kill the termites.
The use of orange oil has proven to be one of the most effective ways to kill termites. The product is extremely cheap highly effective and natural. It contains d-limonene, a compound that is quite deadly to termites. However, you can also use orange oil as a preventive measure as termites tend to avoid places where they can smell the oil.
Use of Vinegar
Another stately home remedy to kill termites is the use of vinegar. All you need to do is mix half cups of vinegar with two freshly squeezed lemons and spray them over the structures or the furniture. The acidity of the solution brings catastrophic damages to the termites; eventually exterminating them completely.
There are many other ways to kill termites. However, you should always be cautious about not inviting termites to your house in the first place. Keep an eye on your furniture or any wooden things that you have at your house. But then again, in any case, if you find termites at your house, use the above-mentioned termite’s removal process.